Does digital marketing create true impact? Should I really invest time and resources that could be spent elsewhere on developing a digital marketing strategy? Can digital marketing bring me the business growth I’m looking for? If you’re asking yourself questions like these, then you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll discuss digital marketing effectiveness and why it’s worth it for a financial advisor (or any small business owner) to invest time, effort, and resources into developing a digital marketing strategy.
No Longer a Passing Trend
At one time not so long ago, digital marketing looked a lot like the hottest new trend – and nothing more. It wasn’t clear whether it had staying power. Of course, it has proven to have incredible staying power as the business world has undergone an unprecedented digital shift. The landscape has changed – and businesses that don’t adapt will struggle.
The Importance of Digital Marketing Effectiveness Statistics
Now, the numbers we’ll get into below are not taken solely from the financial advice industry. However, you shouldn’t dismiss them. Digital marketing effectiveness statistics from the greater small business community help you do several things:
- Prioritize your actions
- Maximize your resources
- Maintain a competitive edge
When you analyze and utilize digital marketing effectiveness numbers to guide your own strategy, you’re already ahead of the game. Work smarter, not harder – right?
Digital Marketing Effectiveness Numbers to Know
The statistics shared below were compiled by DemandSage, and you can find even more of a deep dive into them here.
Now, let’s jump into some of the most telling numbers:
- Google is the world’s largest search engine, conducting 92% of global online searches. (So, it makes sense to fully utilize SEO and maximize your chances of popping up in a prospective client’s search!)
- More than half – 55%, to be specific – of the global internet traffic comes from smartphones. (Is your financial advisor website optimized for mobile?)
- Email marketing earns $36 for every $1 spent. (A 3600% return! Talk about digital marketing effectiveness.)
- The average small business spends 72% of its marketing budget on digital.
- Digital ads can increase your brand awareness by a whopping 80%.
- Emails sent on Monday have the highest open rate (22%), but you’ll achieve the highest click-through rates on Tuesdays (2.4%).
- Readers will spend about 10 seconds reviewing a business’ marketing email.
- Adding a call to action (CTA) button to your email or website can increase clicks by 45%.
- Businesses with a dedicated blog get 55% more traffic than those that don’t have one.
- More than 90% of companies are currently doing some social media marketing. (If you need to get started, Facebook still has the most active monthly users, so it’s a smart place to begin.)
If you find these digital marketing effectiveness statistics valuable, you can find more than a hundred more right here.
Digital Marketing Effectiveness for Financial Advisors
At Illuminated Advisors, we specialize in digital marketing strategies for financial advisors. We understand the challenges you face in the growing financial advice industry, and we help our clients maintain a competitive advantage through savvy digital marketing strategies.
We are a boutique digital marketing firm providing comprehensive, hands-on digital marketing solutions nationwide, and we’d love to talk with you about digital marketing effectiveness and your company’s goals.
Need a new website? We do it for you.
Interested in starting or growing your blog? We do it for you.
Want to develop an email marketing strategy? We do it for you.
You get the idea! We’ve got you covered on social media marketing, custom content creation, design and rebranding, and search engine optimization, too.
Schedule a discovery call with us today to learn more about digital marketing effectiveness within the financial advice industry. We look forward to helping you achieve your business development goals!